ESMQ New Researcher Award (NRA) 2017
Organised by ESMQ & sponsored by Routledge Journals
The NRA is for the best original theoretical or conceptual advance and significant unpublished contribution in sport management. The research should be appropriate for presentation at the annual EASM Conference and for publication in the European Sport Management Quarterly (ESMQ). To be eligible for this award, researchers must be near to completion of their PhD or have graduated less than three years prior to submission. The prize is established to stimulate dissemination of new ideas and innovative research in Sport Management by encouraging new researchers at the start of their career.
The author/s of the best paper will receive a prize of € 500 which has been donated by Routledge Journals. In addition, the winner will receive a complimentary one-year EASM membership, which includes a free annual subscription to the ESMQ. The winner will also be invited to submit a full paper of his/her work to the ESMQ for publication, taking into account the comments and feedback of the reviewers on how the paper may be strengthened for possible publication.
An expert panel will adjudicate on the award which will be weighted as follows:
- 70% will be based on the written paper
- 30% will be based on the oral presentation during the EASM Conference 2017
Conveners agree to prepare a brief written report of the workshop, including its contribution, within two weeks after the conference (about 400 words). The report will be published on the conference/EASM website.
Instructions for New Researcher Award (NRA) paper submission
There is a three-stage process:
- Round 1: Applicants submit both a regular 750-word abstract and a five-page short paper (single-spaced, five pages including text [with headings], references, and key tables, and/or figures, 12-point font, in MS Word format) to the EASM Conference 2017 by 31 May 2017. In the online submission form, they should select the category "Application for the ESMQ New Researcher Award 2017", they will be required to upload the five-page short paper in step 2. All abstracts and five-page short papers will be reviewed. Selected candidates will be invited to participate in the following round. (This means that those candidates who have not been selected can still present their abstract like any regular presenter of scientific abstracts.)
- Round 2: The candidates submit a full paper adhering to ESMQ submission guidelines via ESMQ’s online submission homepage. The same reviewers will review the papers. Selected candidates will be invited to participate in the last round.
- Round 3: Nominees from Round 2 are invited to present their papers at the EASM Conference 2017. The presentation should not be a response to the reviews but focus on the contribution of the work to the sport management literature.
- The language for submission is English.
- Successful candidates need to provide a statement regarding the stage of their academic career, including where appropriate, the date of graduation for their doctoral degree as "Remark/Message to the Program Committee and Chairs".
- The research paper may not have been presented or published previously in scholarly outlets.
- If the paper is co-authored, a note as to the distribution of work among authors must be provided by the authors.